|Title||Collection of the Aesculapian Club|
|Description||The Aesculapian Club is a medical dining club founded in 1773 by Andrew Duncan, senior, and still extant. Its object is to encourage professional connections between physicians and surgeons through convivial gatherings. The membership is restricted to 11 surgeons and 11 physicians at any one time.|
[Source: Club history]
Contents: Minutes, 1773-1971; photograph albums, c1850-2012; booklet on the Club's history, 1949; printing plates for booklet, 1949; papers and correspondnece for meetings, 1977-2005; photographs and correspondence relating to sculpture of James Syme's hand, 2008
|Extent||21 volumes; 59 items; 5 artefacts|
Show related Persons records.