|Title||Collection of Edinburgh General Lying-In Hospital|
|Description||The Edinburgh General Lying-In Hospital was founded in 1793 by Alexander Hamilton, occupying premises in Park Place. Attendance at this institution and instruction of students there was carried out by his son, Professor James Hamilton for 40 years. It was superseded by the Royal Maternity Hospital, opened in 1879. The collection of the Royal Maternity Hospital (ref: ROY) |
[Source: 'History of Scottish Medicine' by John D Comrie]
Contents: Casebooks, 1793-1794 and 1825-1845
|Date||1793 - 1845|
|Term||Obstetrics and gynaecology|
Show related Persons records.